Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bat those lashes! A mascara review...

Recently I decided to update my makeup bag (and my eye look) and purchase Loreal's new Telescopic Clean Definition mascara in Blackest Black. I wanted a longer lash look and a change from my old mascara, without the clumps that most mascaras (although they claim they don't) give. Here's what Loreal has to say about the mascara:


"For clump-free, perfectly defined longer lashes. Loreal
introduces new Telescopic Clean definition mascara for lashes with telescopic
length, perfect definition, and a clump-free, natural end result. The patented
No Clump Brush cleanly defines and lengthens up to 60%."


Here's what I have to say:

This mascara definately provided definition, but not in the way I would have liked it. Some of my lashes were in fact clumped together, giving the look of some big fat defined lashes, rather than many defined lashes. I used an eyelash brush to help separate them, which seemed to work and make them look natural. The length was exceptional - I don't think I have ever achieved a length like that with any other mascara I have used in the past. And once I used the mascara brush to separate the lashes, I didn't look overly madeup and my eyelashes looked naturally long - no need for eyeliner or shadows.


Overall, I give the mascara an 8 out of 10. Minus one for the clumping, and minus another one for the fact that if you want a more dramatic look for a party, you're going to definately need a volumizing mascara along with this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashionably Late encourages productive comments!